Submission is now open for the BCSWomen Lovelace Colloquium – any interested undergraduate or taught MSc women wishing to attend should submit a 250 word abstract.
The BCSWomen Lovelace Colloquium is a national one-day conference for women students in computing and related subjects. This year it will be held at the University of Reading on April 16.
- Speakers from industry, the public sector and academia
- A poster contest for women students to show off their own work
- A careers Q&A panel session
- Time for networking, during lunch & the evening social
- Presence from employers looking to employ the best women in the UK
You can find the call for abstracts at http://www.aber.ac.uk/en/cs/lovelace-colloquium/colloquium2014/abstracts/
If you want to read more about the poster contest, http://www.computerweekly.com/blogs/witsend/2014/02/the-bcswomen-lovelace-colloquium-poster-contest.html is a guest blog we’ve had published on computer weekly.
The day is free to attend and open to all; general registration will open in March. If you have any questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @bcs_lovelace