Staff Introduction – Liz Coulter Smith – Senior Lecturer

Hello,

I arrived to a very warm welcome in early August 2015. I’ve spent the last few years establishing a student-led enterprise in Computing at the University of Worcester with 20+ paid students and 40+ in the student network. The most recent project can be found at: http://hwfire.org.uk. I also led the Web Design & Development pathway from 2011-2015.

Current interests include academic entrepreneurship (running businesses in the academic environment), web technologies/design, BCI, neuroaesthetics and UX (user experience). Previously I’ve worked on a variety of research and commercial projects in visualisation, animation and agent-based technologies.

This year I will be working on a number of commercial initiatives and also teaching CM3059 ’Design Principles and Context’ and CM3059 ‘Digital Marketing Project’ in semester 2 (2016). You may also see me assisting and teaching on CM1013 ‘Collaborative and Professional Skills’.

Catch me anytime to talk about gadgets and new technologies in person or on @lizcoultersmith or just drop by and say hello, I’m in N426 the Digital Media room ;)