Dare to be Digital 2015, UK’s premier computer games design competition, has opened and is now accepting applications. There is a new format this year which will widen the opportunities to more people. Judges from the industry are involved to pick 15 teams, who have started developing a game since end of last Dare ProtoPlay, ie from 11 August 2014. Once selected, online mentoring will be supported via email, skype, twitter, TestFlight, Trello or any cloud services suitable for the teams and our mentors, who will come from SEGA, Ubisoft, Ninja Kiwi, Denki, Tag Games and more.
The final winning teams will form the sole nomination to win the BAFTA Ones To Watch Award.
Below is a summary of some main points for applying:
- Final applications, including a pitching video must be made by 4 May (Monday) 5pm (UK time, GMT+1)
- Games that started development since last Dare ProtoPlay (ie from 11 August 2014) are eligible
- Students from universities and collegues and fresh graduates (from 2014) with teams of up to 8 can apply
- Teams selected for Dare ProtoPlay will have the summer to complete their game, working from their own premises (residential or within their own university)
- Applications must be endorsed by a member of teaching staff from the team’s host university
- Free accommodation will be provided from Saturday 8 to Tuesday 18 August in Dundee
- Teams will supply their own computers, software and mobile or tablet devices. A small amount of PCs and screens can be made available if required.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Dare to be Digital team. Further information and the application form can be obtained from the following website: http://www.daretobedigital.com/73_Apply.html.