The School of Computing Science and Digital Media would like to recruit undergraduate and postgraduate students from subject areas across the School. This role will be a fixed-term position for one year starting September 2019, with the possibility of renewal.
The role involves working with Course Leaders and administrative staff to promote the School of Computing Science and Digital Media at a range of events throughout the year. We would expect all successful candidates to maintain a high academic attendance and achievement rate throughout the year.
Duties may include:
- Representing the School at our Open Days and Applicants Days
- Visits to local primary/secondary schools alongside School staff members
- Representing the School at external events/workshops
- Hosting School/Campus tours
- Contributions to the School’s Social Media pages and other online portals
- Assisting administrative staff with a range of tasks
This is an extremely flexible role with the number of hours varying from month to month and we expect that this work will fit in with teaching, coursework and exam schedules. As well as gaining excellent experience for your CV, Student Ambassadors will be paid at a Grade 1 level on the university salary scale. Due to the nature of the role, there is no guarantee of a set number of hours per month.
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV and a covering letter to the School Coordinator at CSDM-Enquiries@rgu.ac.uk by
the closing date below.
Responsible to: CSDM Course Leaders and School Coordinator
Salary: Grade 1 (£9 per hour)
Position Type: Part-Time/Casual, 1 Year Fixed Term
Closing date: Sunday 18th August 2019